This peach ginger lemonade is the perfect way to quench your thirst. The tart taste of lemon combines with the sweetness of peaches and the kick of ginger to make a great refreshing drink.
This quick drink can be whipped up for summer get-togethers like barbecues, picnics, tea parties just a simple lunch or dinner.
All About Peaches
Fresh peaches are just arriving in the market to enjoy. You can also enjoy the smooth skin nectarine, which is cousins to peaches, so you don’t have to peel the fruit. Peaches come in yellow or white varieties. White peaches have a more delicate taste and a floral hint. But you can use the color varieties interchangeably. If you want to cut down on the work needed to peel and slice peaches, choose freestone varieties which means the pit separates easily from the pit.
Look for fruit that is firm and heavy with just a little give when lightly squeezed to choose a ripe peach. Select peaches and nectarines that have a blush of color, no worm holes or soft spots that indicate there could be bruises. Store peaches on the counter to ripen, make sure they aren’t touching, for 1-2 days. Or you can speed up the process by placing them in a paper bag. But make sure you check for ripeness each day. When the fruit is at their peak, transfer the fruit to the refrigerator to hold.
Peach or Nectarine Amounts
Nectarines and peaches are interchangeable in recipes. 1 pound of peaches equals 3-4 fruits, depending on the size. To convert weight yield to volume (amount in a cup), use this handy guide.
- 1 cup sliced peaches = (2 peaches)
- 1 cup chopped peaches = (1-2 peaches)
- 1 cup pureed peaches = (3-4 peaches)
- About 4 medium peaches 1 cup peach puree
Check out this post to learn how to easily peel peaches.
While this lemonade is a variation of my recipe fresh-squeezed lemonade it starts with a simple syrup, look at this post for more information on how to make a base syrup. Instead of just a one ingredient simple syrup, like my Pear Rosemary Sparkler, for this peach ginger lemonade you simmer peach chunks and ginger slices with brown sugar to make a more complex syrup. This mixture is then blended until smooth and then strained. It is easy to combine the fresh lemon juice with the syrup to finish the drink.Print
Peach Ginger Lemonade combines the tart taste of lemon with the sweetness of peaches and the kick of ginger to make a refreshing drink.
- 1 cup chopped peaches (about 2 peaches)
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (5 lemons)
- 2 cups lemon lime soda
- Peach slices for garnish
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the chopped peaches, sliced ginger, brown sugar, and water. Simmer for five minutes, then remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the peach ginger mixture to a blender and blend until very smooth. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Add the fresh lemon juice and stir to combine. The drink can be refrigerated for up to a day.
- When ready to serve, add the soda and stir to combine. Taste and add more sugar if needed.
- Add ice to the glasses, add the peach ginger lemonade and garnish with peach slices. Serve immediately.